So my challenge was to make a card using the Faux Silk Technique. Basically what you do for this technique is stamp your image on tissue paper, crumple it up and smooth it out. You then adhear the tissue paper to some card stock, trim and use as part of your card. It is really a great technique. Click here for a tutorial of the technique, courtosey of Splitcoaststampers.
Here is the sample I made for the challenge:
Interesting color combo, huh? I just happened to order ribbon in these 3 colors and saw them sitting on my table to be put away - I knew that I wanted to create a card using these colors!You can't tell from the picture, but the flowers around the sentiment are made using the faux silk technique as well.
Stamping Supplies: Elegant Eggplant, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Whipser White Card Stock; Elegant Eggplant, Real Red and Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink; Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, Black Brads, Red Eyelet, 1 3/8 circle punch, Designer Label punch, oval punch, crop-o-dile (for setting eyelet) tissue paper.
There were 3 other great challenges posted last night. I will try and feature them throughout the week for your enjoyment. Until next time - Happy Stamping!
22 comments:
pretty and like the different color combo here.
I would have never used those colors together, but you can bet I will now! Looks great together. I
Hey, love the card! Even more, love the support you're giving doing the MS Walk! Five years ago I did my first MS walk in Coeur d'Alene, a couple of weeks after I was diagnosed with it. Thanks so much for the compassion and support, Stacey! You're a special one...
Hugs,
Betsy (MSBetsyZ)
Isn't it fun how things are created spontaneously such as this color combo - I love it!! Purple, red and orange - who would've thought? Great job on the faux silk technique too
Very cute card! And those colors are great together!
Very cool! I'll have to try this technique. Your card is awesome!
Very pretty card and I love the color combo!
Cool! I'm going to have to try that technique this weekend!
great technique and fun color combo! great card!
Wonderful card, great colours! Gotta love it when a colour combo comes to you like that! The design is so fun!
Wow! Beautiful card!
I love this set, I tried this tech. it came out relly pretty.
WOW -- this is GORGEOUS!!
Love this card and the colors you used! Great work!
Just wanted to let you know you've been tagged. Check out my blog for all the details!
FABULOUS!!!!!! I love the technique and the colors you used! TFS!
Very nice! I need to mount this and get it dirty :)
Great card. Love the faux silk! By the way, you've been tagged. Check out my blog for more info!
Awesome card!!!
This is INCREDIBLY beautiful, Stacey! I hope you don't mind, I've tagged you on my blog, here: http://mystampinsistahs.blogspot.com/ Enjoy!
Very pretty!
This card is gorgeous - thanks for sharing!
I think we're doing this technique for my next hostess club! Thanks for the inspirtation!
Post a Comment